Jalapeno Hot Sauce Recipe
This homemade jalapeno hot sauce is a very basic hot sauce recipe that you can make on the stove-top.
This recipe is fairly similar to this habanero hot sauce recipe, but jalapenos are much milder and easier to eat in greater quantities.
You will need a food processor.
Hot Sauce Ingredients
For this recipe you will need about twenty fresh jalapeno peppers.
You will also need vegetable oil for preparation, and some water. Hopefully you know where to find water.
How to Make Hot Sauce
Chop up about twenty fresh jalapeno peppers. You can slice them, dice them, whatever you’d like. They will be run through a food processor later, anyways.
Chop up three to four garlic cloves and a medium onion as well.
Coat a medium saucepan with a bit of vegetable oil and heat over high heat.
Combine the sliced peppers, garlic, and onion and saute for four or five minutes. Add about three quarters of a teaspoon of salt while sauteeing.
Add two cups of water and cook the mixture, stirring often. After about twenty minutes, remove from heat.
Once the mixture cools to room temperature, pour everything into a food processor and puree. Slowly add one cup of white vinegar during the pureeing process.
And you’re left with a delicious jalapeno pepper spicy hot sauce.
Tips for Preparing and Using Hot Sauce
- If you pour the mixture into a sterilized jar it can be kept in the fridge for four to six months.
- For a thicker sauce, process less. For a runnier sauce, increase the amounts of water and vinegar slightly.
- Hot Sauce Recipes: Homemade Always Tastes Better (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fermented Jalapeño Hot Sauce (nouveaunomnoms.wordpress.com)
- Celebrate National Hot And Spicy Food Day (prnewswire.com)
- Homemade Hot Sauce (dawnoffood.com)
- Bringing a little Texas to Oakland: preserving peppers (oaklandlocal.com)
- Chunky Homemade Salsa (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Morning Spice – Huevos Rancheros (modelbehaviorbites.com)
- Hot Sauce (omnivoresrevolution.wordpress.com)
- Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Chipotle Mayo (blueberrybungalow.wordpress.com)
- Hot sauce, fresh veggies and canning! August 29th at the market! (parisfarmersmarket.wordpress.com)