Avaaz – Save the Internet from the US
Posted: 5 April 2012
Right now, the US Congress is sneaking in a new law that gives them big brother spy powers over the entire web — and they’re hoping the world won’t notice. We helped stop their Net attack last time, let’s do it again.
Over 100 Members of Congress are backing a bill (CISPA) that would give private companies and the US government the right to spy on any of us at any time for as long as they want without a warrant. This is the third time the US Congress has tried to attack our Internet freedom. But we helped beat SOPA, and PIPA — and now we can beat this new Big Brother law.
Our global outcry has played a leading role in protecting the Internet from governments eager to monitor and control what we do online. Let’s stand together once again — and beat this law for good. Sign the petition then forward to everyone who uses the Internet!
Members of the US Congress:
As concerned global citizens, we urge you to immediately drop the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). Our democracy and civil liberties are under threat from the excessive and unnecessary Internet surveillance powers it grants. The Internet is a crucial tool for people around the world to exchange ideas and work collectively to build the world we all want. We urge you to show true global leadership and do all you can to protect our Internet freedom.
- AVAAZ-Save the Internet from the US (aquariuschannelings.com)
- Save the Internet from the US (incaunipocrit.wordpress.com)
- Save the Internet from the US (avaaz.org)
- Save the Internet from Big Brother(again!) (incaunipocrit.wordpress.com)
- Save the Internet from Big Brother(again!) (ralphiesportal.me)
- | UK: Save the Internet from Big Brother! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Big Brother Took a Step Back. (radicalglasgowblog.blogspot.com)
- Avaaz – People With a Mouse Have a Voice (mraybould.wordpress.com)
- Save the Internet! (3quarksdaily.com)
- [NOTE] Save the Internet! This Bill can affect us bloggers! (celebs.gather.com)
- Watch out, Washington: CISPA replaces SOPA as Internet’s Enemy No. 1 (digitaltrends.com)
- CISPA Replaces SOPA as Public Enemy No. 1 (blippitt.com)
- New CISPA cybersecurity bill will censor the Web..trumps SOPA (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Activism and ‘Indignation Fatigue’ (pochp.wordpress.com)
- CISPA: The New Internet Censorship Bill (zazenlife.com)
- Cispa (dvorak.org)
- Worse than SOPA? CISPA to censor Web in name of cybersecurity (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- CISPA – HR 3523: The New SOPA (musicians4freedom.com)
- Now CISPA? (urbanintell.com)
- “Cyber Czar” wants Homeland Security to patrol America’s Internet borders (rt.com)
- Richard Clarke Demonstrates Why Certain People Shouldn’t Have Any Input Into Technology Laws (techfleece.com)